As a music blogger I get asked all the time for music recommendations, a question I actually love to answer. The tough part is narrowing down my list of favorites to a manageable number. These playlists allow me to show off a few songs at a time that I really like, in a variety of genres, and by a mix of familiar and obscure, old and new artists.
Here are the next 15 songs in my playlist post series. They are in alphabetical order by artist name because these were actually added to the playlist all at once later, and they are songs I featured fairly early on before I was such a wiz at spotify.
1. Hipple Street – “Inspector Rita” – Neil Byrne is one of the singers in Celtic Thunder now, but before Celtic Thunder he sang and played guitar for an Irish band called Hipple Street.
2. Hipple Street – “Eleanor”
3. Hothouse Flowers – “Santa Monica” – Neil Byrne and Ryan Kelly covered one of Hothouse Flowers’ songs, “Don’t Go”, so I had to check out Hothouse Flowers, of course. They were big in Ireland, apparently, though few people in the US know anything about them.
4. Iarla O Lionaird – “An Buachaillin Ban”
5. If Birds Could Fly – “Muddy Waters” – While finding local music started slowly, in part because I had never been in bars before, as a socially awkward non-drinker, I figured out how to find new music on spotify, including this band.
6. If Birds Could Fly – “Weary Travelers” – This song always fools me into thinking it is by a local (Pueblo, CO) band, the Haunted Windchimes.
7. The Infamous Stringdusters – “Glass Elevator”
8. INXS – “Need You Tonight”
9. INXS – “Drum Opera” – Yeah, you know the other 2 INXS songs here, but maybe not this one 😉 .
10. INXS – “Never Tear Us Apart”
11. The Irish Rovers – “The Wind That Shakes the Corn” – I’ve loved this song ever since grade school.
12. Jackie Oates – “Marrow Bones”
13. Jamie Cullum – “You’re Nobody Till Somebody Loves You”
14. Jason Mraz – “I Won’t Give Up” – I wish I had normal hands some days because I would love to be able to play guitar and sing a cover of this song. Yes, it is overplayed on the radio, and my musician friends avoid the ‘popular crap’ most of the time, but since I no longer listen to the radio, I like this song.
15. Jason Aldean, Kelly Clarkson – “Don’t You Want to Stay”
Stay tuned for more! 🙂