I very rarely ‘get’ to listen to whole albums. I could, of course, just as everyone else can, but since my blog focuses so much more on music at the level of the song, I tend to put my holding playlists on random and when particular songs pop out at me I add them to my blog playlists. Then I listen to my blog playlists, because these are already hand-picked to include just songs I like enough to single them out against that unimaginable array of music we all have to choose from. Every so often though I have to stop and listen to whole albums, in order. This is one of those days. I went onto spotify and visited a whole bunch of artists I already know I like, who might have albums released in 2013-2014 that I haven’t actually listened to in full. I decided to do this today because I saw on the ad banner on spotify that Miranda Lambert has a new one.
So, these are now the albums on my new playlist that I am listening to today, 15 hours of new music, almost certainly holding some really great songs.
1. Miranda Lambert – Platinum
2. Alfie Boe – Trust
3. Charlotte Church – Four
4. Charlotte Church – Three
5. The High Kings – Friends for Life
6. Paolo Nutini – Iron Sky EP
7. Thea Gilmore – Regardless – I’ve listened to this one one or twice, but not for quite a while.
8. The Civil Wars – The Civil Wars
9. Mosey West – Bermuda
10. Brooks Williams – More New Everything
11. Musketeer Gripweed – Floods and Fires
12. Sting – The Last Ship
13. Peter Mulvey – Silver Ladder
14. Hannah & Maggie – In the Company of Strangers
15. David Francey – So Say We All
16. Rhydian – The Pearl Fisher’s Duet (single, not really an album)
17. Rhydian – One Day Like This
18. The Littlest Birds – Live & Lucky
19. Ari Hest – Shouts & Whispers
20. Carrie Newcomer – A Permeable Life
21. Pocket Satellite – 8 Bit Me
There are a lot of other albums I need to listen to in their entirety, that I have only appreciated as isolated songs so far, but there are still only so many hours in a day and one can only absorb one album at a time.