I’m about to settle in to read a book and listen to music, so how about another playlist post? As I warned last post, this section of the spotify playlist I am sharing with you is in alphabetical order, because it is songs I added to my Starred playlist all at once, to put all of my blog playlist songs on one playlist. So, there are a few artists on this list who have multiple songs, even though I try not to repeat artists on my blog post songlists.
- Brigyn – “Ar Gyfer Heddiw’r Bore” – This segment of my playlist has a lot of Welsh, all at once, with Brigyn AND Camille o’Sullivan. But the first is a band that does a lot more traditional music, while the second is a cabaret-style singer. I started out with a readership of mostly Celtic Thunder fans on my music blog, but before that I was very interested in Wales. I have far-distant roots in Wales, after all, but none in Ireland.
- Brigyn, Gareth Bonello – “Teg Wewriodd”
- Bryan Sutton – “Nelia’s Dance”
- Caetano Veloso – “Come As You Are” – I used to avoid covers, as ‘cheap imitations’ of the ‘real’ song, but after 2 years of hanging out with musicians, I have a better appreciation for creative and well-done covers.
- Camille O’Sullivan – “Sna Broga Seo”
- Camille O’Sullivan – “Misery is the River” – I get this song stuck in my head often.
- Carbon Leaf – “What About Everything”
- Carolina Chocolate Drops – “Ruby, Are You Mad at your Man?” – One of my favorite fast-bluegrass songs, done here by one of the best non-Colorado folk bands I have heard so far.
- The Celebration Gospel Choir – “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot” – This track has CHANGED since I originally added it, because the lead vocals I remember were sung by a baritone, not a bari-tenor, and the backing vocals were more interesting before. Still, I like this version of this classic gospel tune a lot.
- Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion – “Tell Him” – I have a love/hate relationship with this song. Tonight it irritates me, but a few days ago I was warbling along with it at the top of my lungs.
- Celtic Thunder – “Raggle Taggle Gypsy” – You’ve been warned. I did start out writing for a primarily Celtic Thunder oriented audience, so there is a lot of their music on my lists, and in this section there is a whole clump.
- Celtic Thunder – “Caledonia” – This was the song that I discovered on youtube while hunting for Scottish music back in 2009, that introduced me to Celtic Thunder. I initially was drawn in by Paul Byrom’s voice, but now that he has left the group I am still hooked, having developed a massive celebrity crush on both Neil Byrne and Ryan Kelly (the one who was in a coma at this time 2yrs ago). I’ve met them both 3 times now, and the crush lingers on.
- Celtic Thunder – “Steal Away” – I used to think this was the most amazing song I could imagine this group singing live- they sang it in 2012 when I saw them, but with a few line-up changes, and it was gorgeous, enough to make an entire concert hall breathlessly silent for the whole song.
- Celtic Thunder – “The Green Fields of France”
- Celtic Thunder – “Take Me Home”
Have you added any of the songs from my Starred playlist to your own spotify playlists yet? (To do so, just drag the song you like into the playlist you want to add it to. If you need to make a new playlist first, just click the “+ New Playlist” on the left-hand side of the spotify screen and give your new list a name.) Also, to follow me on spotify just go to my profile and click follow. You’ll see what I am listening to on your own spotify console and be able to discover more great music as I do. (profile link: http://open.spotify.com/user/128264634)
Playlist link: http://open.spotify.com/user/128264634/starred