Here are the last 25 songs to reach 200 in this grand spotify playlist post series. There are still 1467 songs left after this post, so even if I get into a pattern of posting 2-3 of these a day, there will be many more posts to come in this series. I am enjoying this process, even though I have been listening to the playlist these songs come from ever since I started the playlist almost 2 years ago.
2 years ago today a singer I like very much fell and hit his head and was in a coma for several weeks, and while I had not yet met him, it upset me very much. Being me, though, it also bugged me that the PR for Celtic Thunder, his singing group, left all his fans hanging with just one cryptic message about his being hospitalized, allowing us all to fear the worst for weeks (which turns out to have been nearly true- there was a good chance he might not have survived). I started posting ‘candle’ posts on my tumblr blog that proved helpful for other fans, and filled some of the PR gap in the weeks before anyone official said much.
A month later I started posting songlists because I suddenly had a blog readership on my blogspot blog where I had archived the candle posts once Ryan Kelly woke up and gave us all the news that he was recovering. I also had taken my first concert photos by then, of a Denver Celtic rock band called the Indulgers, but in a big way, Ryan’s coma led to my becoming a music blogger, and was indirectly responsible for the existence of this playlist. This year, back in March, a similarly shocking (and also non-hoax) post turned up on social media about another Celtic Thunder singer, saying that George Donaldson had just died, a loss that I am sure the Thunderhead community will still feel for many years. That said, I am glad that Ryan’s accident didn’t turn out to be our first loss, and I hope there won’t be another fatality in Celtic Thunder for many years.
Anyway, here are some more songs for you to enjoy, 25 instead of 15 this time, so the next post will start at song #201.
- Josh Groban – “Higher Window”
- Young Dubliners – “Follow Me Up to Carlow”
- Christopher Jak – “Birds”
- Danny Kaye – “I’ve Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts”
- Eddi Reader, Eleanor Shanley – “Bantry Girl’s Lament”
- Celtic Thunder – “Love Thee Dearest”
- Ryan Kelly – “The Village That They Call ‘the Moy'”
- Hanne Hukkelberg – “The North Wind”
- Mark Eitzel – “Jenny”
- Bryan Adams, Sting, Rod Stewart – “All For Love”
- Deana Carter – “Strawberry Wine”
- Derek Warfield – “Some Say the Devil is Dead”
- Patricia Clark – “Soeithin Seo”
- Morten Lauridsen – “O Magnum Mysterium”
- Rosie Thomas – “Paper Airplane”
- Queen – “Don’t Stop Me Now”
- Sting – “It’s Probably Me”
- Fiach – “Us Folk”
- Brandi Carlile – “Turpentine”
- Colbie Caillat – “Midnight Bottle”
- ABBA – “Like an Angel Passing Through My Room”
- After Midnight – “The Grabtown Grapple”
- Arrowsmith – “Cry Me a River”
- After Midnight – “Jolly Roger”
- Alanis Morissette – “Orchid”
Out of these songs, my favorite today is “Turpentine”, partly because I have had that song stuck in my head all day. Which of these is your favorite? Here is the playlist link in spotify, and remember these are posted in order from the first added to the last added, so be sure to sort the playlist by clicking “ADDED” so that the arrow points downward if you want to hear these songs in order as they are posted. – http://open.spotify.com/user/128264634/starred